Skip to main content

Camino de Santiago 2014 - day 1 and day 2

I had the pilgrimage route the Way of St. James for a long time on my bucket list. In 2014 I decided to walk a part of the way. I didn't know which of the route I should choose. I read couple books about Camino de Santiago, but all of them told about the French Way, Camino Frances. Finally I decided to walk the Northern Way, Camino del Norte. I walked with my husband. We get Bilbao by plane and than we went to Ribadeo by bus. 
From Ribadeo to Santiago de Compostela it's about 200 km. We were prepared to walk 9 days, but we did it in 7 days. The main reason was that there were not so many hostels on our way. We needed to walk more kilometers per day than we had planed (we didn't know the stages before). 
The first day we did about 28 km from Ribadeo to San Xurxo, the second day from San Xurxo to Abadin, about 23 km.