Skip to main content

Crete part 4 - Spinalonga

The island Spinalonga is located in the north part of Crete. It's mainly known as the last leper colony in Europe. Today is the island uninhabited. 

As I wrote before, we were on Crete in October and the weather was good to take some trips on the island. It was too cold to take a sunbaths and to swim in the sea. There was also raining a lot. We rent a quad and later a car, so we traveled on the island as we liked. I was 4 months pregnant with a lot of nausea and morning sickness. I didn't like the weather and I didn't like the food, I think my pregnancy was the main reason. Apart from that, Crete is a really nice island, but I like to swim in the sea a lot and that's what I was missing on this trip. 

Have you ever been to Crete? What is your experience about the weather, accommodation and food? Would you like to come back there again?