Skip to main content

The beauty of flora, my first macro photos

Today I would like to write something about close-up and macro. Macro photography is my favorite photography technique. In 2005 I took my first close-up photos with a compact camera, using macro mode. The results you can see below.
I like to shoot close-up and macro and I like to look at the macro photos. I like the flora the most. For me almost every plant is a real beauty. In a plant world you can find so many shapes and colors. Hardly any picture is the same. It's very exciting that we can come close to the object and see details which are not visible to the naked eye. If you want to shoot macro you need to slow down, focus, prepare and think about the setting. Taking macro requires patience, but it can be very relaxing. It can be even a kind of meditation.
Unfortunately I don't have a macro lens for my reflex camera. If I wanted to have a new objective, I would definitely buy a macro lens. And one day I will...