Skip to main content

Winter in Poland

Honestly said I don't like winter. There is a lot of reasons why I don't like it. First of all it's COLD. I'm usually in bad mood when I'm cold. The days are shorter in the winter and I need more sleep, that means I have less time for other activities e.g. reading books or practicing yoga. There isn't a lot of sun so I don't spend a lot of time outside and I have less energy. Besides it's much more difficult to get out of the bed in the winter, when there is still dark outside. 
I don't like to wear a lot of clothes and I don't like thick clothes because I'm than not flexible enough and I can't move freely. I hate wearing beanie but I have to, otherwise I get pain in my ears. 
Is there really nothing in the winter I like? Yes there is. There are snow and icy air. In fact when I lived in Poland the winters were not so bad. I had a lot of fun with snow and a liked the white landscapes. But winters in The Nederlands are terrible. The temperatures are higher, but there are almost no sunny days and there is no (or little) snow. The air is humid. The clothes absorb the moisture and I feel much colder. Brrr...!
Here I show you some pictures from winter 2006 in Poland. Wasn't it beautiful? 
I'm very curious why do you like (or don't like) winter.